Mix the oil, chilli, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and lime in a small bowl, set aside.
Slash the skin of the sea bass a couple of times width-ways to help prevent the fish from curling when frying, then dust the fish with the cornflour.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the fish over a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, skin-side-down first, until the skin is crisp Then turn over and cook for further 1 minute.
Transfer to a warm plate.
Add all the sauce ingredients to the pan and simmer together for a couple of minutes. Then pour over the sea bass and sprinkle with coriander, spring onion strips and slices of chilli.
Serve with lime slices and, quinoa, some boiled rice or salad.
|Macro (Per serving)||Gram||Kcal||%|
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 4 tbsp honey/agave
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (the juice from half a small lime)
- 4 Sea Bass fillets – skin on
- 1/2 tsp cornflour/cornstarch
- 1 Handful of fresh coriander, torn
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red chilli sliced thinly
- Slices of lime