Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and set out a 9×13 (or similarly sized) baking dish.
Add fish to a shallow dish or plate, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, herbs, and lime juice. Toss to coat and set in the fridge to marinate.
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, tomatoes, garlic, and bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper and stir to coat.
Sauté, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, occasionally covering to allow the peppers to soften. Stop when the peppers are tender and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add fish. Cook for 2 minutes, then carefully flip and cook for a further 2 minutes, so the fish is just seared on the outside.
Transfer fish to your baking dish. Top with sautéed peppers, tomatoes, and onion and spread the vegetables to achieve an even layer.
Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 3-5 minutes more to allow the top to get slightly browned.
Remove from oven and serve.
|Macro (Per serving)||Gram||Kcal||%|
- 680g flaky white fish, skin removed
- ¾ tsp sea salt (or enough to season both sides well)
- ¼ tsp black pepper (a light dusting over both sides)
- 24g fresh chopped herbs
- 30ml lime juice
- 15ml avocado or olive oil
- ½ medium white, yellow, or red onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, stems and core removed, sliced into thin wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium bell peppers, seeds + stems removed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ tspsea salt, and more to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Lime wedges
- Green rice or green cauliflower rice