Follow a method for hard boiled eggs. Once the eggs have been boiled, cooled, and peeled under cool running water, pat dry and halve with a sharp knife.
One at a time, tip the eggs over, cut-side down, and transfer the yolks into a small mixing bowl (use a spoon to gently scrape out any remaining yolk if needed).
To the yolks, add hummus, mustard, apple cider vinegar, oil, honey, turmeric, cayenne, smoked paprika, and salt. Mash to combine.
Add water a little at a time until a smooth paste is formed. Then taste and adjust flavour as needed.
Transfer filling to a small piping bag or plastic bag with the corner clipped. Pipe the yolk filling into the cooked egg whites, or simply use a spoon to fill the eggs.
Garnish with paprika and fresh dill or chives.
|Macro (Per serving)||Gram||Kcal||%|
- 6 large eggs
- 15g plain or garlic hummus
- 1 tsp dijon or spicy mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 ½tsp raw honey (or sub maple syrup)
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch smoked paprika, plus more for topping
- ¼ tspsea salt, plus more to taste
- 15-45ml water
- Fresh chives or dill