Season chicken thighs with dried basil, salt, and pepper. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and sear on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
Add the remaining oil to the pot. Fry the onion and garlic until the onion becomes transparent, stirring occasionally. Pour in 80ml of chicken stock and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add the broth, milk, salt, and pepper, and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the pasta and simmer until pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Stir in the parmesan cheese until it melts through the sauce. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Slice the chicken into strips and stir through the pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley.
|Macro (Per serving)||Gram||Kcal||%|
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, boneless skinless
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 80ml chicken stock
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 250g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 litre chicken broth
- 375 ml can evaporate milk
- 80ml milk
- 300g uncooked penne pasta
- 90g fresh grated parmesan cheese
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped