Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (170 C) and prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl. Fill the muffin tins with the liners or lightly grease them.
To flax eggs, add mashed banana, agave or maple syrup, olive oil and whisk to combine. Next add applesauce, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and whisk to combine.
Add almond milk and grated carrot and stir.
Add oats, almond meal, and gluten-free flour blend and stir.
Divide evenly among 12 muffin tins, filling them all the way up to the top, and top with crushed walnuts (optional).
Bake for 35 minutes, or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. When you press on the top it should not feel too spongey, so do not be afraid of over baking. The GF blend just takes longer to bake.
Remove from oven and let set in the pan for 15 minutes. Then flip on their sides still in the pan to let cool completely. If you try to unwrap them too quickly, they can stick to the wrappers.
Once cooled, store in a container or bag at room temp to keep fresh. These muffins can also be frozen.
|Macro (Per serving)||Gram||Kcal||%|
- 1 1/2 flax eggs (1 tbsp chai seeds & 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or finely grated apple)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk (of any non-dairy)
- 1 heaping cup grated carrot
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts (chopped / for topping)