Bringing a pot of water to a boil. Then add chicken, slightly reduce heat to medium-high, cover, and cook until done all the way through, about 10 minutes. Then remove and use two forks to shred. Set aside.
In the meantime, prepare the dressing by adding coconut aminos, rice vinegar, sesame oil, maple syrup, fresh ginger, and garlic to a jar or mixing bowl and shaking vigorously (or whisking) to combine. Taste and adjust flavour.
Shred your napa cabbage, red cabbage, and carrot, slice the green onions and add to a large serving dish or bowl. Toss to combine.
Next add sesame seeds and almonds to a small pan and toast over medium heat for 5 minutes until just slightly golden brown, stirring frequently. Be careful not to burn. Set aside to cool.
Add shredded chicken breast to salad, along with toasted sesame seeds and almonds. Top with dressing and toss to combine. Season with a bit of salt and pepper for more flavour.
|Macro (Per serving)||Gram||Kcal||%|
Serves 8 | Ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- 327g thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 89g thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 bundle green onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 75ml coconut aminos
- 45ml rice vinegar
- 38ml toasted sesame oil
- 23ml maple syrup
- 3tsp fresh grated ginger (mince instead of grating for less pungent taste)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 18g sesame seeds, slightly toasted
- 30g slivered almonds, slightly toasted
- 1 healthy pinch of each sea salt and black pepper, more to taste
- Chili garlic sauce(optional)