Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the cumin, red pepper flakes and smoked paprika and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Once at room temperature, transfer to a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients. Pulse a few times to combine and break down the beans, but make sure not to process too much; leave some texture. Let the mixture chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes before shaping into patties.
Cook the patties in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat until they develop a golden-brown crust both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Alternatively, bake for 25 minutes in an oven preheated to 350°F (175°C). Serve in a gluten-free bun with your favorite condiments.
|Macro (Per serving)||Gram||Kcal||%|
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or any cooking oil), plus more to cook
- 120g finely diced onion (about ½ onion)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 139g cooked quinoa
- 1 (15-oz [425-g]) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 70g roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or any sugar)
- 3 tbsp vegan BBQ sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g gluten-free vegan breadcrumbs
- Gluten-free buns
- Vegan mayo
- Sliced Radishes
- Pickled jalapeno
- Arugula leaves
- Avocado slices
- Chopped red onion Sprouts