Skip to content
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and place in a baking dish cut side down with a small amount of water lining the dish.
- Bake in a 375° F (190°C) oven for about 45 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce the skin of the squash.
- Remove the squash from the oven and using a fork gently pull out the pasta-like strands of squash.
The Almond Alfredo Sauce
- Using a food processor, process the raw almonds with 235ml of the water until a thick paste is formed. Add the garlic cloves and remaining water and blend until smooth.
- Pour this into a saucepan, add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring about every 30 seconds until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Set aside and keep warm.
The Eggplant, Peppers, and Chicken
- Dice the eggplant, peppers, and chicken.
- Using a large skillet or wok, sauté the eggplant and peppers in 1 tsp of coconut oil or olive oil. Sauté until the eggplant becomes almost tender and almost translucent.
- Add the diced chicken and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the spaghetti squash pasta to the chicken and veggies and stir in gently.
- Pour the almond Alfredo sauce in and stir until sauce is mixed throughout.
- Serve the Almond Alfredo Pasta with Eggplant, Peppers, and Chicken in a pasta bowl garnished with a little more parmesan cheese if desired.
Serves 2 | Ingredients
- 70g cup raw almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 470ml water
- 25g finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 medium eggplant
- 4 mini sweet peppers
- 227g of skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1tsp olive oil (or coconut oil)